In one of the fastest uptake of new network technology in India, Airtel Wi-Fi Calling has already crossed one million users. Bharti Airtel (“Airtel”) was the first mobile operator to introduce Voice over Wi-Fi in India.
Airtel Wi-Fi Calling is now available to Airtel mobile customers across India
What is WiFi Calling?
Wi-Fi Calling is a High Definition (HD) voice service that uses a High-Speed Internet connection to let you make and receive calls over a Wi-Fi network. The benefits of Wi-Fi Calling: It’s included at no additional charge with your existing voice plan and HD voice-compatible device.
The Airtel Wi-Fi Calling leverages cutting edge technology to enhance the indoor voice calling experience for Airtel smartphone customers.
It uses Wi-Fi networks to create a dedicated channel for voice calls and allows customers to make telco-grade calls to any network. This dramatically improves customer experience as customers can seamlessly switch to Airtel Wi-Fi Calling.
There is no extra charge for making calls via Airtel Wi-Fi Calling and customers can get started on Airtel Wi-Fi calling on their smartphone without the need for any additional calling App/ SIM.
How to enable Airtel WiFi Calling?
- Check device compatibility on airtel.in/wifi-calling.
- Upgrade device operating software to the latest version that supports Wi-Fi Calling.
- Now, go to Settings on your mobile phone and Switch On Wi-Fi Calling to get started.
- Keep VoLTE switched on as well for a seamless experience.
Benefits Of Wi-Fi Calling
- Get superior indoor coverage with WiFi calling.
- Available on every broadband.
- Crystal clear conservation.
- Call people on any network (2G/3G/4G/WiFi).
Airtel has been engaging with smartphone manufacturers to make all popular smartphone models compatible with the service. Over 100 smartphone models across 16 brands are now compatible with Airtel Wi-Fi Calling.